วันอาทิตย์ที่ 6 กุมภาพันธ์ พ.ศ. 2554

Le Corbusier

After I was born, I saw my father sitting very still on his over size table with a very huge paper.
He always sit in that position with his smiling face.
He is an architect and he's my very first painting teacher.
He teach me a lot about art and persuade me to this architecture world.

The first architect he introduce me to is "Le Corbusier"
Honestly, I can say that I know nothing about him but he is the one that I always hear about.
As the time pass, I tried so hard to study about architecture to became one of the member in faculty of architecture. And I was gettine to know "him".

Finally, I became a student in this faculty as I want to be.
And here I am in the history class, feeling so excited.
In this class,we were drove back to the very early time of modernism and art and
"Le Corbusier".
He try to develop architecture in mass product.
Obviously, It shows in his style, his out fit; circle glasses, black and white suite.
The core of his thinking is
"MASS AND SURFACE TELLING EVERYTHING"
He said " Architecture is the masterly correct and magnificent play to masses brought together in light".

He try to conclude all of his idea to be shown in the next and next architect generation about "what the modern architecture is?". And it came up with the very simple 5 points that we use until now
1. The Support or pilotis
2. The flat roof or roof garden
3. The interior walls
4. The horizontal windows
5. The facade


                                                                               villa savoy

The very clear about the example of this idea is "Villla Savoy" in 1929-1931
Actually, I think we all know about this name and this architecture.
But how many peoples know about the idea of  this house.
1. Supports are spaced degulated and necessary to elevate the first floor of ground
2. The flat roof is meant to serve another domestic purpose, such as gardening or relaxation
3. Interior non load bearing walls are free for arrangement within open plan
4. Horizontal windows provide more even illumination than do verticle one
5. The non load bearing facade can be freely design.
In my point of view, even if it's all not true for all of his idea,
I feel very amazing with his thought and I think it effect a lot in that time.
He created the balance between the very historical time and the modernism. for example, he thought about the idea of human dimension in the very historical time and bring him to fit in his design. 
And also his work after that shown the development in the modernism world.
For example Unite d’ Habitation is another interested one.
I think i can see the relationship between his drawing and this building.
He brought us back to the very simple line and primary color.
But it's surve the function of the habitant and clearly shown the idea of mass,surface and light.
After that time to 2011, his work is still very famous and became the very big part of architectural student. I think that what he has tried to do is very succesful and  I hope that the 5 idea of his theory would bring me to do the architectural design as good as him in someday.
                  










                                                                                                                                 Unite d’ Habitation

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น